Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year

I haven't been much for the Christmas season since my mom passed away in 1999. When she left, she took a piece of my heart and spirit with her and it has been a very long and treacherous road getting back to happiness. The arrival of my son has really changed who I am at my core and with that change came a renewed appreciation for the holidays.

We had a great but fairly low key Christmas. My family is pretty disconnected from one another and my hubby's mom is a Snowbird (heads south for the winter), so there isn't a whole lot to do. After we open presents here, we usually go to my brother in law's house, have a big buffet style dinner, play the dice game and drink some beers.

New Years eve used to be one of my favorite holidays, even after my mom's passing. I love going out, being with friends, drinking, and dancing. This was the third New Years in a row that we stayed in and did nothing. It was actually a little depressing this year. 
I looked up at the clock above the TV, saw that it was 12:01, so I went over and kissed my husband. I wished him a happy New Year, to which he said "Oh, I forgot it was New Years." I immediately thought, this is exactly how it starts - This is how people get lost in parenthood, never to be seen or heard from again. I just flat out refuse to be that person. I really think I would lose my ever-loving mind. 

Last summer, in an effort to keep my sanity, I joined a mom's club. We do lots of fun activities with our kids but also without them, which I think is really important. Also, for the last 6 months, I have a girls night out every 2 weeks or so. These things have really made me feel like an individual person again instead of "just" mom/wife. I highly recommend doing something similar if you are a stay at home mom. Does your town have a MOMS Club? Find out here.

With the New Year, of course, we all get to hear about everyone's resolutions. I personally don't make resolutions anymore (mostly because I don't stick to them anyway) but I do review my goals and make new ones as needed (not much difference between a resolution but it seems to work better for me if I call it a goal).

My new goals for 2014: Surround myself with positive people and steer clear of drama (Soooo tired of drama), stick to my cleaning and cooking schedules (it really does make my life so much easier), journal/write/blog more, and work on improving my patience.

Did you make any resolutions? Goals? Do you usually stick to them or do you had a hard time, like me? 

Until next time,



1 comments:

buy clarithromycin 500 mg online said...

Synclar 500MG Tablet is a macrolide antibiotic, Clarithromycin is used in the treatment of infections caused by bacteria. It works by decreasing the protein production of these bacteria. It is available in the form of tablets, pills, and liquids. The amount your doctor prescribes and how long you take it depends on your age, medical condition and its severity, and your reaction to the first dose.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio